I found this useful household tips during today's spring cleaning. It was quite sometime ago as the printout was printed using dot matrix and on rolled paper with holes along the side for tearing.
I'm wondering if these tips are really useful. Please drop me your comments or if you have more useful tips. Thanks
- Curing Headaches
Use a lime, cut to half and rub on your forehead
- Use of soap wrapper
Use wrapper of soap as air freshener for shoe cabinets
- Polished furniture has small scratches
Try rubbing shelled walnut and you'll see the scratches disappear
- Smelly shoes
Use some tea leaves into a pair of stockings and stuff each into a shoe. Leave for a day or two and the odour will vanish!
- Leftover wine
Freeze into ice cube for future use in casseroles and sauces
- Opening Jars
Use latex diswashing glove. They give a non-slip grip.
- Tips for stamp collectors
- Keep button fro dropping off
Drop a few clear nail polish onto the thread
- Cockroaches in your home!
Fill a large bowl of cheap wine and leave it under the sink. The pests will drink it, get drunk, fall into the bowl and drown...
- Avoid hurting your hands during hammering
Instead of using your fingers to hold the nails, use a wooden clothes peg instead
- Tears while chopping onions
Use a fan to blow away the fumes from the onion. Or put the clean onion in the freezer for a while before cutting
- Remove food stains on your fingers
Use slice of potatoes to rub away the food stains on your fingers
- Get rid of itch from mosquito bite
Apply soap on the area - instant relief!
- Ants, Ants everywhere
They say ants never cross a chalk line. So draw a chalk line where the ants march-in.
- Eggs shells to clean glass bottles
Break shells and drop into bottle. Add drops of detergent and bit of water, shake vigorously. Than rinse with water.
- Salty Soup. I put too much salt!
Cut raw potatoes and throw them away onces they're cooked and have absorbed the salt. You've save the soup!
- To return discolored socks to their original colour
Boil them on a pot of water with few slices of lemon
- Paper Bag's String
Use the strings of the bags for little gift wraps
- To get the last drop of ketchup out of the bottle
Grap the bottom of the bottle and start swinging your arms in a circular motion. Make sure the cap your screwed tightly! The remaining drops will be forced to the top
- Use air-freshener to clean mirrors
It does a good job and leave a lovely smell too
- If you have slippery shoelaces
Rub them with candle and make them less slippery so that knots stay put
- If you have stubborn grease stains on your clothes
Add bottle of Coke with detergent. It'll help loosen the grease
- Dirty marks on your white clothes
Just use some medicated oil on a piece of clothes and clean off those dirty marks on your white shirt